Elgin Community College- General Counsel (until position is filled).
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
The incumbent in this position serves as the chief legal advisor for the College. The General Counsel provides legal advice and guidance to the College President, Board of Trustees and other members of the College Cabinet.
- Completion of a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited U.S. law school and current license to practice in the State of Illinois, or eligibility to apply for admission at the time of application.
- Ten years progressively responsible experience in higher education or public sector law
- Three years of experience managing professional level staff
- Comprehensive legal research and writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations, laws and statutes governing higher education in the State of Illinois
- Comprehensive negotiation skills
- Considerable skills establishing internal and external relationship
- Considerable skill managing the work of professional level staff.
Previous work experience with higher education with specialization in employment law and contract review is desired.
Additional information and application found HERE.