Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project (FLAP) – AttorneyComments Off on Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project (FLAP) – Attorney
Applications open until filled.
Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project -FLAP- Ayuda para Trabajadores del Campo y Jardineros – is seeking to hire an attorney to assist with the organization’s employment litigation docket, demand letters, building cases for referrals and delivering Community Legal Education a.k.a “Know your Rights”.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to attend meetings, operate normal office equipment and use a computer for extended periods of time. Necessary equipment to perform job responsibilities will be provided.
1) Juris Doctor is mandatory;
2) Fluency in both written and spoken English is mandatory, fluency in spoken Spanish is a must but not mandatory,
3) Strong writing and oral communication and research skills are required,
4) Demonstrated commitment to public interest law, social justice and immigrants’ rights,
5) Litigation experience in the area of labor and employment is preferred, but not required,
6) Ability to work with diverse audiences, including community advocates is required,
7) previous experience working with immigrants is beneficial for this position, along with other prior work that requires cultural sensitivity,
8) Licensed to practice law in Illinois,
9) Admission or eligibility for admission to the Northern District of Illinois and willingness to complete the process as quickly as possible,
10) Strong organizational skills,
11) Ability to work independently,
12) Outstanding communication skills,
13) Individually motivated and able to keep momentum,
14) Ability to multitask,
15) Efficiency and prompt turn-around mandatory.
Additional information available at FLAP’s website at: http://www.flapillinois.org/
To be considered for the position, please send the following: 1) Resume, 2) cover letter indicating your benefits expectations and date when you could start working, 3) writing sample and 4) two references, via e-mail, to: Alexandra Sossa, Executive Director, 33 N. LaSalle, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60602.