IL Office of the Executive Inspector General – AttorneyComments Off on IL Office of the Executive Inspector General – Attorney
The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of legal duties pertaining to the OEIG’s mandate to ensure that hiring and employment decisions, practices, and programs comport with the law. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: researching and advising on application of legal, regulatory, or other authority to personnel actions and decisions; drafting reports, memoranda or correspondence summarizing and applying findings; and participating in monitoring activities or compliance reviews. This position involves working with information of an extremely sensitive and confidential nature.
- graduation from an ABA-accredited law school;
- licensure to practice law in the State of Illinois (or another state bar having reciprocity with Illinois and if so, admittance to Illinois State Bar within one year of accepting position);
- prior legal experience in the area of ethics, and employment or labor law is desirable;
- ability to balance concurrent priorities and projects;
- high ethical standards and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials;
- ability to travel, including overnight;
- flexibility to work independently and in a team environment;
- excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, writing, organizational, and communication skills; and
- demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and internet applications.
(The OEIG is a non-code state agency)
Applicants should select the employment tab on their website at www.inspectorgeneral.illinois.gov and click the “apply for open position” link and follow the instructions for applying.