Application open until filled.
Reporting to the Legal officer, will review matters concerning the interpretation of the Illinois School Code, Illinois Procurement Code, the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act, and general law. The Assistant Legal Counsel will be a primary legal contact for charter schools, including charter issues relating to certification, authorization, general charter issues and best practice
- Graduation from an accredited law school. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois. (PROOF OF LICENSE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Knowledge of School Code and charter operations in Illinois, either through coursework or experience.
- Knowledge of School Code and Administrative Code implementing the School Code.
- Ability to read, synthesize and communicate information relating to complex laws and rules.
- Ability to work maintain records, prepare reports and correspondence relating to the work.
- Proficient in public speaking and communication.
- Ability to direct and organize large projects.
- Ability in multitasking.
Two years of experience in charter-related work.
For more information and to apply visit:
https://www.isbe.net/Lists/ISBECareers/CareerDisplayForm.aspx?ID=386Two years of experience in charter-related work.