NorthShore is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel & VP, Risk Management & Claims for their Legal department located at their corporate headquarters in Evanston, IL.
The Assistant General Counsel & VP, Risk Management & Claims serves as an integral part of the multidisciplinary teams overseeing the risk management functions across the organization and supervising daily oversight of the claims teams. The goals of this role will be integrated legal support and partnership with clinical risk management and enterprise risk management functions, as well as, improvement of the organization’s protocols and policies, factoring in industry best practices, regulatory updates, episodic findings and other relevant influencers to create a robust and high-functioning risk capability for the organization.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in risk management, control, and prevention, leading and implementing risk management programs, managing and analyzing risk data, and claims in a hospital or a health care setting, with representative time spent in a responsible administrative, managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Licensure in health discipline (MD, PA, NP, RN) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS Sentinel Events; regulatory reporting requirements preferred
- Demonstrated management of team in integrated healthcare system preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Microsoft Windows
For more information and to apply visit:
Assistant General Counsel & VP, Risk Management and Claims – (71114)