NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) – Managing Counsel & AVP, ContractsComments Off on NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) – Managing Counsel & AVP, Contracts
NorthShore University HealthSystem is seeking an experienced health care transaction Counsel, with direct reporting to General Counsel, at their corporate headquarters in Evanston, IL. The Managing Counsel will bring a depth of knowledge with regard to drafting and negotiating third party transactions, including employed physician arrangements and managed care contracting. A qualified candidate would be able to demonstrate knowledge in various health care lines of business, including Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial, as well as a solid understanding of the various health law and regulatory compliance issues impacting transactions between health care industry players. The qualified candidate must possess superior written and communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to manage others. NorthShore is looking for a team player who will thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to develop a detailed understanding of dynamic business operations and build from past experience to create efficiencies and support for the transactional needs of the organization.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate health care transactions at a law firm advising health care clients or in-house setting, preferably within health care industry.
- Solid understanding of issues facing health care transactions, including compliance with federal and state regulations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills and the capability to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
- Ability to remain flexible and self-motivated in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
For more information and to apply visit: