Securities and Exchange Commission – General Attorney, Division of Enforcement, Chicago Regional OfficeComments Off on Securities and Exchange Commission – General Attorney, Division of Enforcement, Chicago Regional Office
Securities and Exchange Commission – General Attorney, Division of Enforcement, Chicago Regional Office (posted 7/31/19 closes 8/9/19)
- Conducts complex investigations being undertaken by the SEC. Develops investigative or litigation plans and adjusts as appropriate during the course of an investigation.
- Drafts subpoenas and other requests for documents, questions witnesses through interviews, testimony, or depositions, evaluates documentary evidence to demonstrate whether sufficient evidence exists to prove violations of federal securities laws.
- Provides management with advice and work products exhibiting knowledge, insight, and understanding of relevant law and facts.
- Uses sound judgment to determine the quality, accuracy and relevance of information or data, analyze information to identify relationships and trends, and integrate and synthesize facts to reach reasonable conclusions.
- Communicates with agency officials at all levels, including supervisors, coworkers, staff in courts and private industry, and other agencies.
- Organizes work, set priorities, and determine short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. Develops innovative solutions to address issues and problems or involving novel or unexplored questions of law or policy.
- May participate in all aspects of litigation in federal court and administrative proceedings.