Equip for Equality – Staff Attorney, Special Education Clinic (Springfield)Comments Off on Equip for Equality – Staff Attorney, Special Education Clinic (Springfield)
Application open until filled.
The Special Education Clinic provides services to students of all disabilities and their families in securing vital special educational placements, supports and services.
This position reports to the Vice President of the Special Education Clinic. Training will be provided on special education law, client interviewing, and our internal case management system. Opportunities will be provided to work with pro bono attorneys and law student interns as well as other professional development opportunities.
• A law degree and Illinois law license
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with and/or commitment to working with low income and diverse client populations
• Travel required within the nearby geographic area
• Commitment to civil rights
• Personal or professional experience with people with disabilities
• Spanish language fluency is a plus
• This position is located in the Chicago office
Please submit resume and cover letter as soon as possible as there is an immediate opening. Include salary expectations in cover letter. Salary is commensurate with experience and EFE offers excellent benefits.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Submit resume and cover letter to online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/188074