State of Illinois, Office of Legal Affairs – Assitant General CounselComments Off on State of Illinois, Office of Legal Affairs – Assitant General Counsel
The Office of Legal Affairs provides legal advice to the Department’s Division of Professional Regulation. The Division is comprised of licensing, investigatory and prosecutorial employees. This entry-level attorney position will be responsible for providing legal guidance on their relevant acts and rules, drafting proposed legislation and administrative rules related to the professions enforced by the Division, and providing direct legal guidance to the Director of the Division.
Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are invited to apply. Bilingual skills welcome.
1. Requires graduation from a recognized law school.
2. Requires the possession of a valid license to practice law in Illinois.
1. Experience completing legal memoranda.
2. Experience using legal research software such as Westlaw and Lexis Advanced.
3. Experience with administrative law.
4. Experience with case law analysis.
5. Experience analyzing and organizing facts and evidence.
6. Experience participating in mock trials or legal negotiations so as to assist with the performance for duties as enumerated above.
Requires ability to travel.
For more information and to Apply visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/illinois/job_bulletin.cfmJobID=2667180&sharedWindow=1