Application open until filled.
As Senior Counsel, Employment Law, you will play an integral role in helping a highly complex, fast paced organization in a rapidly changing environment adhere to its mission and values by ensuring that we properly maintain compliance with employment laws, assess risk balanced with business objectives, offer solutions, hold each other accountable and treat partners with respect and dignity. You will support multiple client groups and retail leaders at varying levels on wage and hour matters, workplace accommodations, protected leave, claims of harassment, discrimination and retaliation, manager and sensitive separations, business reorganizations and compliance with federal, state and local labor and employment regulations. You will direct and oversee investigations alleging unlawful employment actions. In addition, you will work with and oversee outside counsel and in-house paralegals to defend lawsuits and agency charges filed against the company.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and at least 5 years of post-bar attorney legal work experience in a combination of law firm and corporate settings.
- Required licensure to practice law in at least one state.
- Required Illinois bar membership or active bar membership in good standing in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in labor & employment law and litigation in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Extensive California wage & hour compliance and litigation experience
- Experience managing complex class actions and PAGA claims as well as single plaintiff cases
- Experience efficiently managing outside counsel to ensure financial prudence
- Demonstrated history of challenging the status quo, identifying improvements to mitigate systemic risks and working with stakeholders to implement solutions
- Experience and judgment necessary to operate with significant autonomy in advising leaders at all levels from first-line managers to senior executives
- Experience advising retail businesses
For more information and to apply visit: https://jobs.walgreens.com/job/west-deerfield-township/senior-counsel-employment-law/1242/14601895