The Office of the Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives
The position provides a tremendous opportunity to gain valuable experience and insight into public governance through the lens of the legislature. It is an ideal introduction to Illinois government for those with an interest in public policy. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
● Draft and analyze legislation for Democratic members of the House of Representatives.
● Serve as parliamentarian for committees of the House, and as temporary parliamentarian for the House on behalf of the Chief Counsel.
● Advise Democratic members of the House during committees and floor debate.
● Conduct research and draft memoranda on a wide variety of policy and legal issues.
● Facilitate negotiations between Democratic members of the House, lobbyists, agencies, and constituents.
For Further Information or to Apply Interested applicants should email a résumé, cover letter, writing sample (no more than 3 pages), and three references to: Susan Barrett Office Manager 217-782-7600 firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com