Website CNA Insurance
Under broad supervision, assists attorneys and other legal staff by providing legal support services, which may include preparation for litigation and other law-related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Performs legal research which may include use of automated research services and other research methods.
- Works with internal and external legal staff on various projects, and interviews and gathers information from clients and others.
- Drafts and prepares correspondence, pleadings and other written documents, as well as gathers and organizes exhibits, documents, trial data, and any other materials that are required in the handling of the case.
- Performs general ‘court run’ duties to courthouses as necessary.
- Escalates issues requiring attorney involvement as required.
- Keeps current with procedures used by local, state and federal courts.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with minimum of one year of study at accredited law school, and completion of first year legal research and writing program.
- Minimum one to two years professional work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org