Are you an experienced real estate attorney or title expert that is ready for the challenge of being a leader on a growing and vibrant team?
Imagine yourself leading a team through modernization and growth while overseeing title production and operations of one of the most well respected title companies in Illinois. At Burnet, we have a way of bringing clarity and peace to the sometimes challenging process of getting from contract to closing in real estate transactions. We are the glue that keeps transactions together and help our agents, mortgage professionals and attorneys look good and grow their own business. We are part of the Realogy family of companies bringing with it all the power and benefit of a company this size while operating on the ground as a family-run business with team members empowered to do what they need to do to get the job done.
We are Burnet Title and we are looking for people that know how to get things done.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for overseeing, supporting and improving the title production components of this very busy title company. You will be interacting with lawyers in our attorney program on a regular basis, helping to solve title problems and coaching our team to provide best in class products while delivering best in class service. It will be up to you to help the team work together to produce an outstanding result and to develop leaders within the organization while doing it. You will always be looking for a better way to do things and are a consummate team player that gives and receives feedback with an openness and sensitivity.
Who you are:
· A highly experienced title industry professional or real estate lawyer that fully understands that ins and outs of title insurance and the closing experience in the varied markets in Illinois.
· You have strong presentation skills and the ability to persuade others in a friendly and engaging manner.
· Love to see people around you develop and take the time to invest in their growth.
· Are highly organized and are comfortable with metrics and accountability.
· Are a humble empathetic leader of people who understands the stress of the business and encourages people to follow your calm, firm, lead.
· Flexible, able to change direction on a dime, meet new or unexpected challenges head on and then return to the previously planned work.
· Creative, hard-working, and dedicated to the mission. Comfortable at cocktail parties, happy hours and other places where potential customers may be.
· Comfortable with technology and able to let go of old ways of doing things, making change where it is needed.
· Able and willing to speak up and tell your leadership things they may not want to hear and to welcome the same from the team you lead.
· Able to build consensus and ultimately even where there is disagreement from time to time to find the will and encourage the ability to disagree yet commit to a course of action.
· Overseeing Title production: You and your team will be responsible for title exam, curative, attorney-support, post-closing and other title related components of this fast-paced business. Ensuring team meets all turn times and customer service levels. Instilling in your team a constant improvement mindset.
· Understanding amazing customer service: You and your whole team will be obsessed with making our customers happy and delivering beyond customer expectations.
· Trusted resource: Recognized by agents, lawyers and lenders as the “go-to” person with the expertise and support staff to answer their questions. Seek to constantly improve processes by always wondering if there is a better way and recommending changes when you think there might be.
· Educating agents: Helping agents become better at their jobs by facilitating workshops with guest speakers and prepared materials.
What you must have:
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Experience: Deep industry knowledge on the title side.
· Communications: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to support marketing efforts.
· Practical: Well organized, excellent time management and prioritization skills.
· Computer skills: Microsoft Suite
What we’d like you to have:
· Juris Doctorate degree with real estate experience is strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
We take the health of our team very seriously and take all government recommended precautions and then some.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com