Website City of Chicago
The City of Chicago’s Law Department is seeking an attorney for the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel I (ACC) in the Legal Information and Prosecutions Division to:
- Prosecute Chicago Municipal Code violations in Cook County Circuit Court, namely in Traffic Court and Branch Courts, and at the City’s Department of Administrative Hearings.
- Defend administrative decisions from the City’s Department of Administrative Hearings filed as an administrative appeal in Circuit Court.
- Represent the City in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) matters, document production, electronic discovery (e-discovery), and Local Records Act (LRA) matters.
The ACC will work under the general supervision of the Division’s Supervisors, Chief, and Deputy. Duties will include, but are not limited to, trying cases; conducting hearings; researching and writing motions, memoranda and briefs; litigating administrative appeals; arguing motions; engaging in settlement negotiations; working closely with client departments; reviewing and analyzing files in a variety of cases; and recommending appropriate courses of action.
Application Process and Materials
You must submit an on-line application along with the required documents on the City of Chicago Careers website by the post date listed on the website.
- Cover letter that (1) includes the position title and job number as noted on the posting; and (2) specifically identifies how you meet the minimum qualifications and have the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
- Law school transcript (official or unofficial);
- One writing sample; and
- Current printout of your attorney registration status from the Illinois ARDC website at www.iardc.org (or your admitted state bar’s equivalent), if applicable.
Failure to submit all materials will result in your application not being considered for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com