Website City of Chicago, Law Department
The City of Chicago Law Department is seeking an attorney for the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel II, in the Labor Division to personally represent the City and City officials and employees (a) in employment cases, including those alleging discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, filed with federal, state, and local agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, the Illinois Human Rights Commission, and the Chicago Commission on Human Relations; (b) in employee disciplinary and discharge proceedings before the City’s Police Board and Human Resources Board; and (c) in employee labor proceedings before arbitrators and labor boards. The extent to which the Assistant Corporation Counsel II will perform each of these functions will vary from time to time and depend in part upon Division staffing. The Assistant Corporation Counsel II may have responsibility also on other matters, including but not limited to client counseling and interaction with other Law Department divisions, other City departments, and outside counsel. The Assistant Corporation Counsel II will be responsible for handling all phases of assigned matters, including but not limited to personally conducting and participating in hearings. The Assistant Corporation Counsel II will work under the general supervision of the Deputy Corporation Counsel, the Chief Labor Negotiator, the Chief Assistant Corporation Counsel, the Assistant Chief Labor Negotiator and/or Assistant Corporation Counsel Supervisors.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Superior research, analytical, writing, and editing skills;
- Exceptional client counseling skills;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to work well with others;
- The ability to exhibit leadership and initiative on assigned tasks;
- The ability to organize, prioritize, monitor, and control workflow deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong commitment to public service; and
- Experience litigating cases and/or handling discipline cases, labor arbitrations, Labor Board cases, and/or employment discrimination cases (e.g., Title VII, ADA, ADEA, IHRA, and FMLA) preferred, but not required.
Please follow link for full position description and application: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/108/jobsearch.ftl
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com