Website City of Chicago, Law Department
The City of Chicago’s Law Department is seeking an attorney for the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel III, in the Federal Civil Rights Litigation Division. The Division defends alleged civil rights violations or state law liability claims based on allegations of police misconduct or abuse of authority in both federal and state courts. The Division has two sections: (1) the City Defense Section which defends the City of Chicago against allegations such as Monell policy claims; and (2) the Individual Defense Section which defends sworn and civilian police personnel against allegations such as false arrest and excessive force. Each ACC is assigned to one section. ACCs in each section must have sophisticated and complex litigation skills involving extensive motion practice, client counseling, intensive fact and expert discovery, and trial practice in lower exposure cases. They work under the supervision of the Supervisors and Chiefs in their Section, and the Deputies of FCRL.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Litigation experience in one or more of the following areas: drafting pleadings and other court documents, drafting substantive motions, arguing substantive motions taking or defending depositions, handling evidentiary hearings, assisting in jury or bench trials, or clerking for a state or federal court judge;
- Superior writing, research, and editing skills;
- Superior communication skills (written/verbal);
- Experience counseling and advising clients;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- The ability to work well with others;
- The ability to exhibit initiative on assigned tasks; and
- The ability to organize, prioritize, monitor, and control workflow deadlines.
- Commitment to public service.
Please follow link for full position description and application: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/108/jobsearch.ftl
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com