Website Illinois Collaboration on Youth (ICOY)
Summary: ICOY is seeking a creative Trauma Specialist to spearhead our trauma-informed care work as related to our contract with the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) and Special Revenue Projects (SPR) as our team expands. This Trauma Specialist will provide individualized trainings and technical assistance to youth service providers throughout the state and sectors. This role allows for the creation of meaningful content within direct conversations with service providers, organizational leaders, and larger collaborations. This individual will also grow in a collaborative team dedicated to building supportive and healing environments for staff and communities alike. A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance are recommended. Essential Duties and
Capacity Building (75%)
o Co-leads the creation and delivery of the trauma trainings series to IDHS funded programs and serve as a liaison to programs that are IDHS funded sites and community organizations for their trauma-informed care work.
o Facilitates large-scale and small-scale trauma-informed capacity building as needed to IDHS and SPR sites across state partnerships. o Incorporates ICOY’s trauma-informed capacity building assessment tool (CBAT-O) to develop individual action plans aimed at increasing an organization’s capacity to provide trauma informed services.
o Strategizes capacity building projects for sites by identifying their challenges and provide direct support to guide them ways towards becoming more trauma-informed.
o Work with the Trauma Initiatives Director, ICOY Programs staff, and IDHS to appropriately monitor trauma-informed practices.
o Attend quarterly IDHS program management meetings and provide updates on trauma trainings and CBAT-O as well as seek feedback from providers in their larger IDHS programs.
Training and Learning Community Delivery (15%)
o Supports the growth of SPR training curriculum, service delivery, and partnerships as needed.
o Co-leads the development and delivery of interactive learning communities and follow up resources
o Supports Trauma team’s short and long term goals in partnership with internal leadership.
o Seeks professional development opportunities to advance team’s skill sets and collaborates with local community partners and peer organizations.
o Develops and compiles resources as complementary materials for trainings and learning communities.
o Creates an innovative and interactive virtual learning experience for IDHS and SPR providers o Collaborates with ICOY’s Trauma team to strategize the creation of customized trauma trainings.
• Other Responsibilities (10%)
o Ensure we are in line with demonstrates an understanding of best practice across the state and represent ICOY by attending committee meetings for trauma-connected initiatives in peer organizations or national collaborations.
o Compile and disseminate necessary narrative and statistical reports, including agency-specific, quarterly, and annual reports with support from the Program Director.
o Represent the mission of ICOY at all related events, meetings, workshops, and conferences. o Input and analyze trauma-informed capacity building work in Salesforce or other ICOY CRM database.
o Disseminate timely resources and other material for ICOY Updates and website. Ensure resources include information regarding trauma informed care and trauma focused services. o Attend at least 2 trainings annually related to increasing understanding of trauma informed practice 2
o Other duties as assigned Preferred Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Time Management and Organization – ability to plan and manage multiple tasks clearly and efficiency
• Attention to Detail – ability to complete assignments efficiently with high degree of accuracy
• Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – ability to tackle a problem systematically • Written and Oral Communication – ability to organize thoughts and ideas in alignment with program goals
• Adaptable and Innovative – ability to develop new processes and accepts new challenges
• Collaborative and Inclusive – ability to develop partnerships in and outside of ICOY; commitment to inclusivity
• Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) – open to work towards the incorporation of racial and ethnic equity
Preferred Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degrees encouraged, Master’s preferred in public health, counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or other related fields. Professional experienced valued as well!
• Experience providing trauma-informed care consultations, trainings, or community services
• Experience building positive relationships within teams, external parties, and communities
• Understanding of how organizational structures and systems interact with each other
• Knowledge of computers, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Zoom, and online platforms.
• A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance are recommended as this role will sometimes require statewide travel
$45,000 – $55,000 depending on years of experience and qualification. ICOY offers competitive benefits, including health, dental, and disability insurance, sick and vacation time, and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions.
Location: This position is located at ICOY’s Chicago office located in Chicago’s loop. Travel may be required of this position to provide training, consultation, and participation in meetings as required. At this moment, we are working in a Hybird workplace in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to assess remote work strategies in accordance with public health guidelines.
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume, writing sample (1-2 pages), and cover letter to Jocelyn Vega, Director of Trauma Initiatives, Jvega@ICOYouth.org by close of business on Friday, July 29.. However, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We look forward to hearing from you!
Start Date: Late August 2022 ICOY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to JVega@ICOYouth.org